Autumn (ish) Photo Competition – with prizes!
Announcing the second ever Inchicore Environmental Group photo competition!
Inchicore with canals, riverbanks, parks and whatnot can looks lovely in Autumn so we thought we’d celebrate that in a small way. Although it’s a little late, Autumn is still hanging in there. All are welcome to enter. We are looking for snaps of Autumn in Inchicore. First prize is 100 euro OneForAll voucher, two runners up prizes of 50 euro tokens each If the photo isn’t exactly Inchicore but Kilmainhamish or Bluebellish or Drimnish or Rialtish that’s fine but don’t be sending us lions from the Serengeti. Likewise, it might be more wintry by the time you take. No problem,but relaxing swimming togs with a cocktail (unless you’re a masochist) or swallows building nests are a bit of a giveaway that this is an old snap.
There are some terms and conditions but they’re standard for this sort of thing.
- There is a limit of 1 entry per person so pick your best snap.
- All entries must be in format [jpeg or gif] and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight December 9th
- Paper copies to Inchicore Environmental Group 52A Bulfin Road, Inchicore Dublin 8.
- By submitting a photograph you confirm that you agree that:
- You took the photograph [in Autumn 2016] yourself – you own the copyright in the photograph.
- You consent to the IEG publishing the photograph on its website or on Facebook and/or printing the photo and using it to publicise the work of the IEG. This is especially important to note if you plan on including any of your children in a photo.
- The IEG will not pay any royalties or licence fee to you, the author.
- The IEG is allowed to crop the photo or modify it in some way to render it suitable for publication.
- You agree that the judges’ decision will be final
Here are some of the winners from the last competition to inspire you
Photos from our last cleanup
Wow! What a morning, what a turn out, what a haul – A great couple of hours work on November 5th. the pictures tell a few hundred words.
Reminder Tonight Kilmainham Inchicore Network meeting this evening 6.30
You are invited to the Economic and Social Development Meeting of the Kilmainham and Inchicore Network. Here are the details:
DATE: TUESDAY 15th November 2016
TIME: 6.30pm for refreshments; the meeting will start at 6.45pm SHARP for 1 hour meeting
PLACE: INCHICORE COLLEGE OF FURTHER EDUCATION, EMMET RD
here is the agenda:
Cleanups on Tour – December 3rd – the Inchicore sports and social club 10am, CIE Works
As part of our programme of spreading the word about Inchicore Environmental Group, introducing neighbours and generally letting everyone see what a varied and interesting area we live in, we are basing our next Cleanup at the Inchicore Sports and Social Club. https://inchicoresportsandsocialclub.com/ You may not even know of its existence but it’s a fantastic local resource that holds regular events and you may even book it as a venue at a later stage. We’ll meet there at 10am and fan out from there. Hopefully if we’ve enough people we can spread out towards the village.
Christmas Get Together December 4th?
We would like to have a little Christmas ‘do’ on Sunday December 4th at the Hilton beginning around 2.30pm with tea and finger food and if someone happens to buy pints for themselves well and good. But if we had a free bar we’d be cleaned out.